The Freemium plan allows you to add only one Portworx service and perform complete Portworx Backup tasks for an unlimited period.
To create a service using the Freemium plan:
In the Product Catalog page, by default, the SaaS option is selected for Portworx Backup.
- Choose On-premises and select Continue to install Portworx Backup on-premises using the specgen wizard.
- Select Continue in the portworx enterprise section to install Portworx Enterprise on-premises using the specgen wizard.
- Select Contact Sales in the portworx data services section to request the Portworx sales team for authorization to access Portworx Data Services (PDS).
In the Choose Your Plan page -> Freemium section, select the user agreement checkbox and then select Continue.
Portworx BaaS creates a Freemium service, which appears in the Portworx Services page:
Use the Freemium service
When you select the Freemium service, you will be redirected to the Portworx Backup clusters page. This page contains the
testdrive-cluster, which is pre-configured with:
- four namespaces: these can be commonly used applications such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and so on. You cannot edit these pre-configured namespaces or applications.
- backup location: the
testdrive-locationbackup location is available, using which you can instantly start the backup and restore operations.
testdrive-cluster. You can create these objects based on your requirements, and start performing tasks in Portworx Backup.
To view the license status and available storage capacity of the
- Select the License icon in the Portworx Backup clusters page.
In the License Entitlements page that appears, select PX-Backup -> Details: